"Progress in the Pulpit is a master class in preaching, written by two most-qualified authors. Dr. Jerry Vines is truly a Prince of the Pulpit.” ? Dr. Albert Mohler Jr., from the foreword
Like musical instruments, preachers get better over time?unless, of course, they neglect maintenance. Progress in the Pulpit is for seasoned preachers looking to refresh their craft and receive guidance for contemporary challenges to preaching.
While most preaching books are geared toward new preachers, Progress in the Pulpit builds on the basics and focuses on what often falls into neglect. You will learn to better:
- Connect to audiences without compromising biblical truth
- Plan, evaluate, and get feedback on sermons
- Battle biblical illiteracy in your congregation
- Employ word studies and other technical aspects of biblical interpretation
- Increase imagination and creativity in sermon writing
- Extend the life of a sermon via social media, small groups, and more
- Establish habits for continued growth
Drs. Jerry Vines and Jim Shaddix, who wrote Power in the Pulpit (a book still used in seminaries today), remain committed to pure expository preaching. Yet they understand that the times change and present new challenges. Here they offer guidance to help preachers stay sharp and grow in the craft of faithfully proclaiming God’s Word.